Pear Puff Pastry


So I had some pears which did not taste so good (perhaps because it is not pear season?) and I needed something to do with them. Since I also had about half a cup of crushed pineapple sitting in my fridge, I came across the idea of cooking the two together and putting them into a store-bought frozen puff pastry and baking it.
I cooked together:
4 Tbs. butter
3 pears, chopped into pieces
1/2 cup crushed pineapple
1 Tbs. brown sugar
1 tsp. minced ginger
1/4 cup cinnamon (this was an accident - I opened the wrong side of the container and it poured instead of sprinkled in...nevertheless it still tasted good)

After the above ingredients were sufficiently cooked, I let them cool, then placed them in the middle third of a puff pastry and folded the outside thirds over the middle one, sealing the edges all around. I baked it at 400F for 20 minutes (25 would have been better).

Thankfully, this tasted much better than the raw pears.


But even better than this pear pastry, I made one with frozen cherries, cooked with three stalks of chopped rhubarb, some coconut, 1 Tbs. butter, and about 1 Tbs. honey. I put this on the pastry and sprinkled some semi-sweet chocolate chips on top before folding it up and it was pretty amazing.

Comments