A couple more cookies

Chocolate Chip Molasses Cookies
I thought that these were great cookies because I like molasses and chocolate and, above all, they were chewy (in my mind, I'm not sure that crunchy cookies even deserve to be called cookies...) My dear husband doesn't like combining things like molasses and chocolate, however, so he let me eat most of them. How can I complain about that?

I found this recipe here, but I halved the recipe and used regular flour rather than bread flour. This halving also involved just using one whole egg instead of half an egg and half an egg yolk (how would you do that anyway?). And I did not put parchment paper on my baking sheets and the cookies came off just fine.



Chocolate Cookies
I've been wanting to try making cookies that had some whole wheat flour in them, but since I'm such a fan of soft, nearly unbaked cookies, I was a little afraid. These, however, met my expectations for cookies and not only have some whole wheat flour, but are also egg-less (so I can feel safe eating the uncooked dough! This isn't to say that I've never eaten dough with raw eggs...I was just raised to be very concerned about doing such a thing :)

3/4 c. butter (use a butter substitute to make this recipe vegan)
3/4 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. sugar
1 t. vanilla
3/4 c. unbleached flour
1/2 c. whole wheat pastry flour
1/4 c. cocoa powder
1 t. baking powder
1/2 t. salt
1/3 c. chocolate chips (or, should you so desire, vegan ones)
Beat together butter, sugars, and vanilla, then mix in the rest of the dry ingredients, stirring in the chocolate chips last. Chill 30 min. - 1 hr. Bake walnut-sized balls at 350F for 11 minutes. Let them sit on the cookie sheet for a minute before transferring them to a cooling rack.

Comments