Homemade Crackers

Because apparently I do not have enough to do, I decided to make some homemade crackers. But I think I will be doing this more often because they were really not all that complicated, nor did they take much time. Not to mention the fact that they taste great!

Rye crackers:
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. rye flour
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. honey
1/2 Tbs. caraway seeds
3 Tbs. olive oil
2-3 Tbs. water
Mix all the ingredients together - add more water if it doesn't stick together enough. Let the dough rest for about 10 min. Roll it out to 1/8 or 1/16" thick, cut it into whatever shapes you want, and bake on an ungreased cookie sheet at 350F for 15-20 min. (I went for the temperature and time in the middle of various recipes I found so I could bake both of these kinds of crackers at the same time)


Flax crackers:
1/4 c. flaxseeds
1/4 c. ground flaxseeds (flaxseed meal)
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
3/4 c. white flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
4 tsp. olive oil
1/2 c. milk
Mix everything together, chill it in the fridge for 10 min., roll it out and do the same as for the above crackers.


Comments