Kale Chips

I love kale! Ever since I first tried it about five years ago, I have tried to put kale into as many recipes as I could. Kale with pasta, on pizza, in smoothies (really), in stir fry, as an all-around spinach substitute, etc. So when I heard about people making kale chips, I thought I had to try them.


These are kale leaves from my garden. They are still relatively small with a very thin middle vein/stem, so I chose not to cut that out and to include it in the chips. I cut the kale into pieces (next time I think I will use whole leaves because that would be much easier), drizzled maybe a teaspoon of olive oil on them and rubbed it over the pieces with my fingers until each piece was pretty much covered. Then, I sprinkled salt on the pieces and spread them out on a cookie sheet. Bake at 350F for 4 minutes, flip the pieces over (this is why whole leaves would be easier), and bake another 4-5 minutes.


And there are your kale chips! They really are crispy and addicting. A very good way to get some of your daily iron and calcium without even realizing you're eating something healthy.

Comments