Zucchini Snacks

It is the time of year when people who planted zucchini are starting to be overloaded with it.  I heard a story about a friend of ours who got so sick of zucchini after his wife planted it for the first time that he went out and chopped the roots of all the zucchini plants with a hoe.  To the rest of the family's surprise, all the zucchini suddenly died!  It wasn't until much later that he admitted that he had killed them all...

I have not reached the point of killing off my zucchini plants, but we are eating a lot of it.  I saw this recipe and thought it would be a fun (and different) way to eat zucchini.  I thought Anthony did not care for it that much because he only took two bites of one and left the rest of it, but it made for a good afternoon snack for me so I eventually ate them all.  Then, a few days later, after they were all gone, Anthony suddenly told me that he liked them and wanted to know if any were left.  But you snooze, you lose.  The recipe is found here

You have likely noticed that there is no picture of them outside of a muffin tin.  That is because they stuck horribly, even though I greased the pan really well.  I had to rip them out and it was a pain to wash the pan afterward.  I am not entirely sure how best to remedy that problem without using liners, which I prefer not to do.  I did use regular-sized muffin tins, so maybe if I had cooked it until they got even more browned and crispy they would have been easier to get out?

Comments