Stuffed Portobello Mushrooms

I saw a picture of stuffed mushrooms the other day and decided that it sounded like a good meal, but I wanted to have it be the main course rather than an appetizer.  So when we went to the store, I got these giant portobello mushrooms.

For the filling, I mixed together:
1 c. quinoa, cooked
1/2 c. chard cooked with 1 diced onion
1 c. cherry tomatoes

I put the mushrooms on a greased cookie sheet and drizzled some olive oil and balsamic vinegar on the tops, then put them in the 350F oven for 15 minutes (by the way, this is enough time to cook the quinoa, chard, and onion).  When the mushrooms came out, I filled them with a lot of the quinoa mixture and sprinkled a generous amount of grated mozzarella cheese on top.  They went back into the oven for 20 more minutes and came out as you see them here:

I know there is corn mixed in with the quinoa on the side in the picture above.  I just added that to the leftover quinoa filling that didn't fit into the mushrooms.  But I am sure it would have been good as part of the stuffing too.


Comments