Baked Pumpkin Muffin Doughnuts

I keep seeing all these recipes going around the internet for baked doughnuts.  Since I like cake doughnuts very much, they are very appealing because they don't require you to fill your kitchen with the smell of deep frying.  However, I do not have one of those doughnut pans and I don't intend to buy one since I would prefer not to collect too many kitchen implements before heading overseas.  So anyway, I thought I would give a baked doughnut recipe a try in my regular-sized muffin tin.

This is the recipe I used. I filled my muffin tins halfway, which was about right.  I wouldn't fill them any more than that, but less would be fine too.  Also, technically, I used butternut squash instead of pumpkin, but for all intents and purposes, it does exactly what pumpkin does.

The end result does not look like a doughnut, but it sure tasted like one!   I love pumpkin doughnuts and these were the perfect taste, texture, and consistency.


Comments