Excellent Berry Bundt Cake

When my parents came to visit, I decided to make a large, fruit-filled dessert since Anthony will not eat such things with me.  But with people who do eat fruit visiting, I discovered the opposite problem - the whole dessert gets eaten up in a couple days!   This was my first experience with a bundt cake and I was amazed when I popped it out of the pan and no large chunks stuck to it.  It was beautiful!  And it tasted even better than it looked.

I found this recipe at Smitten Kitchen.  My only changes were to replace 1 cup of the flour with white whole wheat flour, then to add more lemon juice to the glaze in order to make it more runny.  For my parents, I used fresh blueberries and strawberries for the fruit.  A week after they came, I made the cake again and used equal amounts of frozen blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries, which was also great.  So fresh or frozen fruit, it does not make a difference.

The second time around, I froze most of the cake and I get to keep enjoying taking a piece out of the freezer and eating it over the span of weeks, rather than days!  Not that I begrudge my parents for eating it; this way I got to make it twice and saw others enjoy something that I baked for them. 

Comments