Vegetarian Nachos

No, those are not insects.

These were the most interesting nachos I have ever made or seen, but they were good enough to make again.
You will need:
Tortilla chips
Black Beans
Zucchini
Onions
Cheese
Fresh cilantro
Salsa

First, I chopped up some onions and cubed zucchini.  Since I prefer my onions cooked, I sauteed them in olive oil until they were mostly cooked.  Then, I spread out a bunch of tortilla chips on a baking sheet, sprinkled them with black beans, the cooked veggies, mozzarella and feta cheese (I was low on cheese, so it really wasn't that much - maybe 1/3 c. grated mozzarella and 1/4 c. feta).  I snipped a bunch of cilantro over all of that and put on little dollops of salsa to top it off.  Bake at 375F for about 8 minutes and you have excellent nachos!

Next time, I think I will try making them with the addition of sweet corn, which is rapidly ripening around here.  (Forget knee-high by the 4th of July - more like six feet high by the 4th of July).

Comments