Christmas Food

Until we move to Texas, Anthony and I have been moving back and forth between our parents' houses.  Although in a way, it is strange to be living with our parents at our age, it is also a really special time to relate to them as adults and get to be together knowing that in the future, we will be living in another country where it won't be as easy to come visit.

I have been enjoying cooking meals and trying out new baked goods on Anthony's family as well as making traditional Christmas cookies with my parents.

One of my favorites is the gingerbread cookies from "The Joy of Cooking" that I have made in previous years.



We were watching Downton Abbey with my parents, so I decorated my cookies like Anna and Mr. Bates...except that Mr. Bates doesn't have a beard, so I guess it's just Anna and some guy.


With my mom, I made some cranberry muffins from "Simply in Season" and we tried out some heart-shaped silicone muffin cups.  Very cute.  When I make these muffins myself, I double the amount of cranberries because I think that's the best part.  But since my mom was in charge of this baking experience, she didn't do that :)


Comments

Post a Comment