Banana Bread Doughnuts


Continuing with my experiments of making baked doughnuts, I tried out a recipe for banana chocolate chip doughnuts.  I found the recipe here, but didn't follow the directions exactly.  This is what I did:
Ingredients:
2 bananas, mashed
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. Greek yogurt
1/4 c. melted butter
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 c. semisweet chocolate chips

First, mix together the bananas, sugar, and yogurt.  Then, beat in the butter, eggs, and vanilla.  Mix in the dry ingredients, then the chocolate chips.  Scoop into a greased doughnut pan.  Bake at 325F for 15-17 minutes.  For me, this recipe made 16 doughnuts.


Since I thought that cinnamon and sugar sounded strange on banana chocolate chip doughnuts, I decided to try out glaze on them instead, after they cooled.
Glaze:
1 c. powdered sugar
2 Tbs. Greek yogurt
2 Tbs. milk

Overall, the doughnuts tasted really good.  However, they were basically just banana bread with chocolate chips, shaped like doughnuts.  This is, of course, quite tasty, but you should know that they don't taste like traditional doughnuts from a bakery.

Comments