Unsuccessful Senbei

Finding a recipe for homemade senbei was very exciting - it is a special treat for Anthony's whole family, so what fun it would be to make my own!
I was expecting light, airy crisps like we get at Asian grocery stores. And although they turned out pretty, that is not what I got. I even tried it twice thinking I did something wrong the first time. But no, these were break your teeth rice crackers. Being one who does not like to throw away food, I ate most of them. Thankfully I did not break a tooth.
If there is anyone out there who knows how to make crispy non-tooth-breaking senbei, I want to learn!

Comments

  1. Greetings Sara!

    Today I tried this recipe:

    http://ivysfeast.blogspot.com.es/2011/01/homemade-senbei-japanese-rice-crackers.html

    I was sloppy on the shaping and baking (didn't care about turning) and didn't have furikake.

    The final result turn out to be edible but didn't have the texture or flavour I was looking for.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment