Chocolate Dried Fruit Scones


There are just too many good things to bake.  I have to spread out the making of everything I like because if they have fruit or mint in them, I have to finish them off myself - no sharing with Anthony.  So I finally came back to baking these favorite scones of mine after maybe more than a year.  Even now, after a couple of weeks, there are still several of them in the freezer, waiting for me to have a chance to eat them... 

Scones

1.5 c. flour
1.5 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
6 Tbs. cold butter
1 c. plain yogurt
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 c. milk
1 c. dried cherries, raisins, or other fruit of choice (I usually use cherries, but had none this time around)
2/3 c. chocolate chips

Combine dry ingredients, then cut in butter until the mixture resembles crumbs.  Stir in the yogurt, vanilla, and milk, then knead in the fruit and chocolate chips.  Grease a baking sheet (or use a silicone baking mat) and shape the dough into an approximately 9" circle.  Cut it into eight wedges and bake at 400F for 20-25 minutes.

Comments