Spring Radishes

My dear friend Norma brought over some very early radishes about a month ago.  Her husband planted them in April just in case it stayed warm - and it did!  With them, we made an old favorite recipe and I created a new recipe with the leftovers. 


First, we had radish sandwiches.  This consisted of homemade bread spread with a thin layer of cream cheese and salted radish slices on top.  This was a recipe from my Mixed Greens days, when I discovered that radishes really aren't all that spicy when you pair them with something mild like cream cheese.


The new recipe is more of a side dish than a meal.  It is made of thinly sliced radishes and carrots - equal amounts of each.  I sauteed them with about a tablespoon of sesame oil and two tablespoons of soy sauce until they were not crunchy any more.  It turned out really well and we have made it several times since with the radishes that I have started to harvest from my own garden.

 

Comments