Homemade Seitan

Perhaps you are reading this because you want to make seitan. But more likely many of you are really curious about what weird thing I am making now. Well, it is imitation "meat" made from wheat, and that rhymes. Actually, it is like imitation sausage and it was pretty darn convincing, I have to say. Also spicy. Maybe that was all the pepper I put into it.

This is the place to find the recipe that I followed. I like these people (though I've never met them) mainly because they like cooking, running, and The Office - I was hooked on their blog when I saw they had a recipe for Mose's beet muffins.

Anyway, this is what my seitan ended up looking like:


We chopped up half of it and sauteed it with carrots, onions, garlic, and kale. Then we mixed in couscous, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce.


Anthony's vote for the other half is to make pizza and use it as "pepperoni."

Comments