Pumpkin Oatmeal Cookies


It is sort of fall in Minnesota (though it was in the 80s the past week...) Since our dear friends who have been letting me use one of their gardens this year have ridiculous amounts of butternut squash, among other things (I kid you not - they probably had over 100 each of squash, cantaloupe, and watermelons!), I have been cooking and freezing a butternut squash every week. It is similar enough to pumpkin for baked goods and my favorite black bean pumpkin soup, that I figure I might as well substitute it in.

I did, however, cook up a little pie pumpkin to make these cookies. I like pumpkin things a lot, but I was looking for a recipe that turned out cookies which were more cookie-like and less cake-like. And I found one! Not only that, but these are even vegan, which is great, since I haven't been able to buy eggs from our local farmer lately.


The recipe can be found here
I did, however, leave out the walnuts and raisins and added about a cup of chocolate chips. And I baked them for about 12 minutes.

Comments