Pot Pie


So I think I planted plenty of carrots to last us a LONG time (tomatoes too). We've been eating garden carrots for the past months, I froze several bags, have a bunch sitting in the fridge, and I still have large quantities to harvest. So pot pie seemed like a good way to enjoy a fair amount of carrots.

Roast the following at 400F for 30-40 minutes:
1-2 cups cubed carrots
1 cup cubed potatoes
4 chopped onions

In the meantime, I made the buttermilk biscuit dough from "The Joy of Cooking."

When the veggies are done, combine the following in a large saucepan:
1.5 - 2 cups milk
1 Tbs. olive oil
4 Tbs. flour
Once it makes a kind of sauce, add in the veggies, a cup of frozen shelled edamame, and 1 cup of shredded cooked chicken.

Pour it all into a 9x13" pan and spread the dough over the top.
Bake at 375F for 30-35 minutes. I put a cookie sheet on the rack underneath the pot pie because my pan was pretty full and it did drip a little bit while cooking.

Comments