Pear Oven Pancake

First of all, I got pears in Kenya.  Pears!  And not imported pears, but Kenyan pears.  How crazy is that?  Of course, I ate a bunch of them plain, but I had bought a rather large bag of them, so I decided I should make some into a dessert.  This is what I ended up with and it was excellent:


I peeled them before cooking because the peels looked kind of sketchy.  But if I had pears in the US, I would have left the peels on.

4 pears, sliced
2/3 c. flour
1/2 c. sugar
1 1/2 c. milk
4 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
2 Tbs. butter, in small cubes

Arrange the pear slices in a 9" cast iron skillet in whatever pattern you want.  Mix together the flour, sugar, milk, eggs, and vanilla, and pour the mixture over the pears.  Sprinkle the small cubes of butter over the top.  Bake at 375F for 45 minutes.


Comments