Kesari Bath



It is very special to have fresh pineapple available all the time.  But to eat a whole pineapple all by myself...it makes my mouth feel kind of funny and I feel like I can't taste anything anymore after eating the pineapple.  So I was able to get a small one and used about half of  it for this recipe.


Ingredients:
2 Tbs. butter
1 c. semolina flour
1 Tbs. sugar
1 1/2 c. milk (I used water and powdered milk)
1 c. water
1 tsp. ground cardamom
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/2 c. chopped fresh pineapple
1/3 c. fruit juice (I used juice from slicing the pineapple plus passion fruit juice)
1/2 c. raisins
cashews



First, melt the butter in a large saucepan.  Add the semolina and cook it on medium heat, stirring frequently, until it is lightly browned.  In the meantime (on your back burner), put the chopped pineapple, juice, sugar, cardamom, vanilla, and raisins in a small pot and let it simmer for about five minutes.  Then, put everything into the saucepan with the semolina and cook until the semolina has absorbed the liquid.  Serve garnished with the cashews.

I tried this again, another time, with fresh mangoes instead of pineapple and that was very good too.  I'm sure that if you live somewhere that is not Uganda, you could use whatever juicy fruit you have available - strawberries, peaches, etc.

Comments