Peel-apart Cheesy Garlic Bread

I have made this bread twice now and it is a pretty fun option for when you want a loaf of bread (unless you want peanut butter and jelly on your bread...).  I found the idea here and thought I ought to try it out with the dough I had in the fridge. 

I make my "Artisan Bread in 5 Minutes a Day" whole wheat bread quite often and usually have dough in the fridge for when I want to bake bread.  This time, it had caraway and flax seeds mixed in.  The basic idea is that you make the dough, let it rise for two hours, then can refrigerate it for up to two weeks.  The batch that I make gives you enough dough for four 1-lb free-form loaves, so for a loaf in a bread pan (as in this case), I use about 1/3 of the whole batch.


Roll out the dough, spread a Tbs. or two of butter on it, sprinkle with garlic salt and shredded cheese.


Cut into sections that are about the width by 2/3 the height of your bread pan.  Stack them on top of each other and place them into the greased bread pan.  (Even with a greased pan, mine stuck a bit, but it still tasted good)



Let it rise for 30 minutes.  Then, bake at 350F for 30-40min.  And you don't even have to slice it!

Comments