Plum Galette

My friend Norma supplied me with a big bag of fresh plums from her backyard and although I was really enjoying eating them as snacks, when I saw this recipe, I couldn't resist making a dessert out of some of them!  I found the recipe here, but changed it a bit, mostly because I am not a huge fan of ginger.  Also, since I am trying to use up food before we move, I didn't have any rye flour. 

So, the differences between the original recipe and mine: I substituted whole wheat for the rye flour.
I left out the egg wash on the crust because I was too lazy to make the effort and it tasted just fine without.
Finally, my filling was just plums, sugar, and cornstarch.
The plums I had were relatively small, maybe two inches across, so I used twelve.

It was a great dessert and I since it is fruit-based, I enjoyed eating it all by myself!

Comments

  1. Too bad I wasn't there to help you eat it! It looks wonderful:) Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment