Pizza Monkey Bread

No, no sweetness in this monkey bread. But it was very fun...and tasty.


I made my dad's famous pizza dough, which you can find here. Let the dough rise 1 hour, then pull it into about 48 pieces. Flatten the pieces and put a cube of cheese inside and whatever other ingredient you might like. Wrap the dough around and seal it well.

We had a little cheddar cheese left and then used mozzarella for the rest, but I liked the cheddar better. Once you have all the pieces ready, roll them in a little melted butter and place them into a pizza stone that has been sprinkled with some cornmeal. Bake at 400F for 35 minutes.



Serve with good tomato sauce for dipping.

Comments

  1. Ooh that looks good! It reminds me of the stuffed crust pizza we used to order:) I made pull-apart bread once and rolled the balls in butter, parmesan cheese, garlic salt and basil.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment