Buckwheat granola

Not the prettiest picture ever...


I got the idea for buckwheat granola here. So I tried out the soaking buckwheat groats overnight and then another 8 hours the next day, then drying them at 250F for about 1 hour. They turned out nice and crispy, with a good taste. Like the post I found, I am sure they would be good even by themselves. But I thought I'd make granola with them since I like granola :)
I had about 2 c. buckwheat groats
1/4 c. ground flaxseed
1 c. coconut
1/4 c. sesame seeds
1/4 c. wheat germ
1/4 c. walnuts
Whisk together:
2 Tbs. water
1/4 c. honey
2 Tbs. coconut oil
Then mix everything together in your 9x13" pan and cook them at 325F, stirring every 10 minutes for about 30 minutes. Mix in dried fruit after you're done cooking (or it ends up burned - believe me, I've done this and it is not tasty).

Comments