Spinach and Cheese Muffins

This is a recipe that I found on the Stonyfield website and adjusted to fit with what I had around the house. I thought that they turned out really good, but Anthony didn't like the texture of the spinach (Personally, I don't understand what was weird about it).


Ingredients:
1/4 cup milk
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 cup plain yogurt
1 egg
1/4 cup olive oil
3/4 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup cooked, drained spinach (I used one frozen package)
3/4 cup of grated cheddar cheese (I used colby jack, so it might have had a stronger flavor if I had used cheddar)

Mix all the ingredients together (this is the way I do it) or if you'd rather, mix the wet ingredients and sugar together, mix the dry ingredients separately, then combine them and fold in the spinach and cheese. Divide them into 12 greased muffin tins and bake at 400F for 15-20 minutes.

Comments