Caramel Rolls

There is a place near Renville where you can get extremely tasty caramel or cinnamon rolls and I have recently been wanting those caramel rolls, but not wanting to get up early and drive to another town to get them... However, since I got the book "Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day" and it had a good-looking recipe for caramel rolls in there, I thought I would give it a try.


This involved making Brioche dough, then rolling it out, spreading the filling on it and on the 9" cake pan, then making it into a roll, cutting it into eight pieces, and placing it into the pan. I let it rise for 40 minutes, then baked it at 350F for 40 minutes.


They came out beautiful and tasted great, but unfortunately, I didn't think about how the caramel might bubble up and trickle over the edges of the pan until I started to smell something burning about halfway through baking. This is why the above picture is kind of blurry - I felt a little stressed out when I took it. So that you don't have to spend lots of time cleaning your oven after making these like I did, put aluminum foil or a baking sheet or something under the cake pan while you're baking these rolls.

Comments