Fruit, Nut, and Vegetable Filled Muffins


I've been looking forward to making these muffins ever since I found the recipe while in Uganda where I didn't have all the ingredients for them.  When I got to Michigan, it was the first thing I baked with my mom and they were worth waiting for!


I found the recipe here and used my own blend of flour to make the multi-grain flour.  I used:
1/2 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. white whole wheat flour
1/2 c. AP flour
1/4 c. rye flour
1/4 c. oat bran

In terms of dried fruit, I used 1/2 c. each of: dried apricots, cherries, raisins, and currants. 
And when it says "1 apple, shredded", for us that came out to 1 c. of shredded apple.

And although the recipe says to make 12 muffins, we were able to make 18 of them and the muffin tins were really full for each one!  One of these muffins truly made a filling and enjoyable breakfast on its own.

Comments