Birthday Monkey Bread


Anthony requested monkey bread for his birthday, so I searched around until I found a trustworthy recipe here. Because I like making real bread dough. And it looked really great. But no cream cheese glaze because that would maybe scare Anthony and it was for his birthday. Also, I have no bundt pan, so I made this in two bread loaf pans, which turned out just fine.


We both thought it tasted great. BUT, since we were so anxious to eat it after it came out of the oven, I did not wait for long before putting candles in. This was not such a good idea because the part that was stuck in the bread melted and kind of disappeared in the bread. In other words, there were no chunks of wax to pull out (like when candles drip onto your cake) because it soaked into the bread! Anthony wouldn't eat those parts yet I don't like to throw food away...so I ate them. I know there was wax in there, but I couldn't taste it and I'm still alive, so all is well, right?

Comments