Baked Goods - Traditions and Failures

A chocolate pumpkin streusel bread - it tasted pretty good, but completely collapsed when I removed it from the bread pan...


Grandma Ladenburger's lemon bars - these used to be my birthday treat of choice when I was in elementary school and we got to bring a dessert to share with the class:


I made a half recipe, but the whole recipe goes like this:
Cream together:
1 1/2 c. flour
3/4 c. butter
6 Tbs. powdered sugar
Spread the mixture in a greased 9x15" pan and Bake 19 minutes at 350F

Mix together:
3 eggs
1 1/2 c. sugar
4 1/2 Tbs. lemon juice
3 Tbs. flour
1/8 tsp. salt
3/4 tsp. baking powder
Pour this on top of the baked crust and bake 18 minutes at 350F.  Let cool and top with a glaze of powdered sugar + lemon juice.


Finally, my Grandma Levitt's thumbprint cookies - I got walnuts for the traditional covering, but ran out before I finished rolling them, so I used popped amaranth for the rest.  The amaranth turned out to be better than the walnuts!


Comments

  1. How nice you can make family recipes in Uganda! Popped amaranth thumbprint cookies look good to me:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment