Christmas Sweet Roll - a New Design

Now that it's been a month since Christmas...


Every year, the Christmas tradition is to make my mom's Christmas sweet roll, half with raisins for me and half without, for Anthony.  You can see the recipe and the traditional design here.  But this year, I saw a picture of bread that was cut in a different way and thought I would try it out.  I sliced 2/3 of the way through the bread at about 1 inch intervals.  The first one slice I pulled straight down away from the roll, the second one out to the left, the third one out to the right, then the fourth one again straight out.  And repeat.  It didn't turn out as pretty as the picture I saw, but it was still interesting.  And it didn't affect the taste at all!


Comments

  1. Oh, I think it is pretty! And it makes more sense because it fits in your pan.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment