Tea

These are freshly picked tea leaves:


Just for fun, I decided to pick a few and go through a simple process to go from the tea bush to the mug.  So, I made some green tea because it seemed like the easiest one to make. 

First, I put the leaves into a metal strainer and steamed them over boiling water for about two minutes.  Then, I poured cold water over them to stop them from continuing to cook.

Next, I rolled the leaves into tubes, put them on a baking sheet, and dried them at 230F for 12 minutes.  I turned them all over, and put them back in for another 10 minutes, until they were crispy.


At this point, theoretically I had green tea.  So I tried some out - I boiled 6 leaves per serving of tea.


Maybe I didn't do it correctly - or it just tasted better because it was homemade - but I actually liked it (I don't usually like green tea).

Comments

  1. That is very cool, Sara! I imagine it was good because it was so fresh:) Next will you try black tea?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment