Sweet potato, chickpeas, and chard with peanut sauce

We've been eating lots of soup here in this chilly part of Kenya and I was going to make a soup with sweet potatoes, chickpeas, and chard.  But we were kind of tired of soup and decided to do something different.  And that is where this came from.

We roasted sweet potatoes and some onions, drizzled with olive oil and dried rosemary, in the oven at 400F for 30 or 40 minutes.  On a separate tray, we roasted the chickpeas.  Those we tossed in olive oil, salt, cumin, and garlic powder before roasting.  In my oven, on the shelf where I put them, it took the same amount of time for them to cook as it did the sweet potatoes.  I think if I had cooked them alone, they wouldn't have taken as long.


Then, we sauteed chard and made a sauce with a couple tablespoons of peanut butter, about a tablespoon of soy sauce, a teaspoon of sesame oil, a teaspoon of lemon juice, and enough water to make a sauce of desired consistency.  I mixed everything together, even the avocado, when we ate.  Anthony kept his ingredients a bit more separate. 

Comments