Passion Fruit Jello

Okay, so it turns out that I like jello.  When I was at the supermarket and saw some gelatin for sale, I was suddenly seized by a desire to eat jello.  But not jello from a package - homemade jello!


I wanted to make jello with 100% juice so that it would just be gelatin and juice, no extra sugar.  I did this once, but still had some gelatin left, so I decided to try it with fresh passion fruit.  This turned out to be really fun, especially since the seeds made the jello have a nice crunch, which perhaps sounds strange for jello, but I liked it.

So, for the jello, I used:
2 c. passion fruit pulp (about 5 fruits, for me)
4 Tbs. gelatin
1 c. water

I heated the water on the stove and gradually dissolved the gelatin in it.  Then, I stirred in the passion fruit pulp.  These passion fruits weren't that sour, so I didn't add any sugar, but some passion fruits aren't as good without a sweetener...  Then, I poured the mixture into my silicone muffin cups and put them in the fridge for a couple hours to solidify. 


Comments