Chocolate Pudding Pie for Pi Day


On March 14th, I suddenly realized that it was Pi Day!  And a very special Pi Day at that because the date was 3.14.15, so it included the first four numbers (after the decimal) of the number pi - this is a once in a lifetime date since the next one will come in 100 years :)

So, since I had to spontaneously make a pie without going shopping for materials, I ended up making a chocolate pudding pie.  I made a "graham cracker crust" with local biscuits, crushed and mixed with a couple tablespoons of vegetable oil.  Then, I made homemade chocolate pudding for the filling, with coconut sprinkled on top.  We were worried that it would be a warm pie because the power was out in the morning, but when it came back in the early afternoon, we were able to refrigerate it and have cold chocolate pudding pie after dinner!


Comments