Peanut Butter Cookies

With my oven, I attempted to make some flour-less peanut butter cookies.  However, the peanut butter here is much runnier than even natural peanut butter in the US.  Also much runnier than the peanut butter we used to get in Mbale.  Anyway, that led to me having to add some flour.  So much for being flour-less...


Here is the recipe:
1 c. peanut butter
1 c. sugar
1 tsp. baking powder
1 egg
1/2 c. flour

I mixed together all the ingredients, then formed small balls and baked them for about 8 minutes.  At what temperature?  I have no idea, but I tried to go for something around 350F… It is really interesting trying to regulate the temperature of an oven where there is gas flame on the top and on the bottom and very little variation on the knobs. 


I shared some with a Ugandan and he told me it needed less sugar :)  I actually would agree that they were rather too sugary.  Of course, Anthony thought they were fine, so I guess it is just a matter of taste.

Comments