Pecan Hobbit Scones

No, these scones do not have hobbits IN them.  Rather, they are FOR hobbits (or people who enjoy celebrating like hobbits).  For Hobbit Day this year, I had fun making a hobbit-friendly lunch at the farm, which, of course, had to include plenty of baked goods.  As a side note, I love the fact that I can bake to my heart's content for farm lunches and it will get eaten! 

I combined a bunch of scone recipes to make these out of the ingredients available to me on the farm and of which I thought hobbits would approve.


Here is how I made them:

2 c. flour
3/4 tsp. salt
1/3 c. brown sugar
6 Tbs. butter
3/4 c. half and half
1 egg
however many pecans you can afford

Combine dry ingredients.  Cut in butter, then mix in the half and half and the egg.  Stir in pecans.  Roll out on a floured surface and cut into circles.  Bake at 375F for 15 minutes.

Well, in the process of combining recipes, I managed to leave out one important ingredient: baking powder - to make the scones rise...  However, no one even noticed (not even me - I didn't think about it until I was typing up the recipe here).  And I think they would fit right in for a hobbit's tea time or unexpected party.


More on other hobbit food later!

Comments