Homegrown Edamame


One of the fun things I grew in my farm garden this year was edamame.  When we lived in Minnesota, my edamame completely failed even though there was a giant field of soybeans growing a mere 100 yards away from my garden.  This year, though, it was quite successful.  You can see a small portion of the crop in the photo above.  I blanched and froze a bunch of it, but I also made a tasty edamame salad which Anthony's mom first made for me. 

I altered the recipe a bit to fit the other vegetables that we had at the time.



2 c. of fresh or frozen shelled edamame
1/2 c. fresh corn kernels
1 chopped, sauteed onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1 T olive oil
salt
pepper
2 chopped fresh tomatoes (or about 1 c. cherry tomatoes cut in half)
1/4 c. chopped fresh basil leaves
1 Tbs. red wine vinegar

Place edamame, corn, onion, garlic, olive oil, salt and pepper in a 13x9 pan and stir to combine.  Roast for 10-15 minutes at 400F until the edamame begins to brown.  Add tomato, basil and vinegar to edamame mixture and toss to combine.  Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.  Serve chilled or at room temperature. 



Comments