Cauliflower Crust Quiche

If you can make pizza crust out of cauliflower, why not quiche crust?  We got a giant cauliflower from the farmers' market and I thought I might as well give it a shot.  First, you have to make cauliflower rice, then squeeze all the water out and mix in an egg and 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.  After that, follow the directions on the above link about how to bake the crust.  Personally, I was in a rush because I didn't allow enough time for making dinner, so I didn't bake it the full 20 minutes until it was firm.  Don't do as I did.
Nevertheless, it fit well with the quiche.  In this case, I made broccoli quiche with coby jack cheese.  Here's my quiche recipe.  In this case, I put half the filling into this cauliflower crust and the other half into a pie plate with no crust.

In the end, it turned out beautifully, though the crust wasn't very crusty.  Maybe if I had actually followed the directions for baking it, though...  Next time, I suppose.




Comments