Dutch Apple Pie

Apple desserts are wonderful, at least in my opinion.  Apples are one of the best parts of autumn and something that I missed in Uganda.  When I make apple treats, I try to put as many apples in as possible, which is why I think that Dutch apple pie is much better than a two-crust apple pie.  We made this twice in one week at my in-law's house because it was so good (not healthy, but really good)!


You need:
9" pie shell, unbaked

Filling:
5-6 apples, sliced
3/4 c. sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 c. flour (half white, half whole wheat)
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/3 c. butter/margarine

Preheat oven to 425F.  Combine apples, sugar, and cinnamon, and put into the pie shell.  Mix flour, brown sugar, and butter until crumbly.  Sprinkle over the apples and bake for 15 minutes.  Reduce heat to 375F and bake for 35 more minutes.

Comments

Post a Comment