My Mom's Blueberry Muffins


Well, here is the promised family recipe for blueberry muffins!  I managed to save enough blueberries to make them and have been enjoying the taste of my childhood for the past week as I have rationed them out to make them last longer. These muffins freeze well, so I froze most of them and take one or two out every couple days or so to defrost. 
1.5 c. blueberries (I like to have lots of blueberries in my muffins, so I put in a bit more than this)
1.5 c. flour
1/3 c. sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
1/2 c. milk
1/4 c. oil

Beat together the egg, milk, and oil.  Mix the dry ingredients separately, then stir them together with the wet ingredients.  Gently add blueberries.  Bake in greased muffin tins at 355F for 16 minutes.  My mom always sprinkled cinnamon and sugar on top of the muffins before baking them.
Since I used frozen blueberries, it took about 20 minutes for them to cook through. If you use fresh berries, it should not take that long.

Comments