Stuffed Zucchini

I have fond memories of how my mom always made this when we found monster zucchinis lurking in our garden, missed for a couple of days.


Well, I found six of them in my garden after being on vacation... I managed to give most of them away (I already have many cups of shredded zucchini frozen for winter zucchini bread), but I kept one to make into stuffed zucchini.


First, you cut out the middle of the zucchini. If it has hardening seeds, scrape those out and either save them to plant next year or throw them to the chickens. Cook the zucchini shell in the microwave.

In the meantime, soak 1/2 cup of TVP in 2/3 cup of boiling water.
Saute diced onions, the middle part of the zucchini which you have chopped up, and some corn. Add a can of tomato sauce and the TVP once the veggies are cooked. Put the zucchini shell into a pan, fill it with sauce. Bake it at 350F for around 30 minutes. Then, top it with some slices of mozzarella cheese and put it back in until the cheese melts.

Comments