Banoffee (I didn't make this up)

Here is another stovetop dessert recipe from Meg!

1 can sweetened condensed milk
3 large bananas
biscuits or graham crackers or vanilla wafers or something like that
2 tablespoons butter or margarine

First, you need to put the unopened can of sweetened condensed milk in a covered pot of boiling water for 1 and 1/2 to 2 hours. After this time, take it out and let it cool - it carmelizes.
In the meantime, crush biscuits and mix them with softened butter so they make a "crust." Put it into a pie pan (or I used a tupperware container) When the carmelized milk is cool, open the tin and pour it over the crust. See how it is spreading over the crust in this picture:

Put this into the fridge and let it cool, then cut bananas and put them on top!

Comments

  1. Sara, This reminds me of brigadeiro, the Brazilian candy typically served at birthday parties. I think you can cook it in the can, but you can also cook it on the stove top, then add cocoa, then roll into little balls. Roll the balls in coconut or chocolate sprinkles. http://www.internationalrecipes.net/find/Brigadeiro
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a famous British dessert (or so I'm told)! I think that there is often whipped cream on top, too. I had a friend in China that made it for special occasions.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment