Avocado Key Lime Pie

I found limes in the market in Mbale and decided to try this avocado key lime pie with them.  It was wonderful and a beautiful green color (which was hard to show in a picture), but this one is close:


I used crushed biscuits for the base of the pie and mixed them with a little coconut oil to make it stick together.

Pie:
1 1/2 c. avocado
3/4 c. coconut oil
1/4 c. coconut milk
1/3 c. + 2 Tbs. lime juice
zest of 1 lime
1/3 c. + 2 Tbs. honey

Blend all of the ingredients together until smooth.  Pour on top of the crust and refrigerate until firm, at least 1 hour.


I was pleased that it kept its nice color in the fridge, probably because of the lime juice keeping the avocado from turning brown.  Now I definitely need to keep looking for limes so I can try this one again.

Comments