Strawberry Surprise Muffins


In hopes of keeping these from overflowing, I tried to do a bunch of altitude adjustments, just in case it would be a disaster following the original recipe.  All went well and they were very good, though they weren't exactly the way my mom makes them at nearly sea level :)

Here's the original recipe:
6 Tbs. butter
2 eggs
~14 strawberries
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. milk
2 c. flour
1 Tbs. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
12 Hershey's kisses (one for each muffin)

Cream butter and sugar, mix in eggs and milk, then mash the strawberries and add them as well.  Mix the flour, salt, and baking powder, then combine the wet and dry ingredients together.  Fill muffin tins halfway, put a chocolate kiss in the middle, and top with more batter.  Bake at 350F for 20-25 minutes.

Then these are the ingredients I used for 7,000 feet:
6 Tbs. butter
2 eggs
~14 strawberries
1/2 c. sugar
3/4 c. milk
2 1/4 c. flour
2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1/2 c. chocolate chips

I baked them at 375F for about 20 minutes.


Comments

  1. I have happy memories of making these for you! I'm glad you could find all the ingredients to make them:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment