Spritz Cookies

In Ladenburger family traditions, there are lots of fun Christmas things to bake.  One yearly special is spritz cookies.  This year, I had an extra special time making them.  I realized that I was using my Grandma Levitt's recipe and a cookie maker from my Grandma Ladenburger.


The recipe makes 133 cookies or so (depending on what shapes you make - I counted once), so that's more what you want if you have a big freezer for storing extra cookies or if you are planning on enjoying them with a crowd of people.  I decided to make half a recipe for us here.

But here's the whole thing:
1 lb (4 sticks) butter
1 1/4 c. sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp. vanilla
5 c. flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Cream together the butter and sugar.  Add the eggs and vanilla and mix until combined.  Then, add the flour and baking powder.  Use your cookie press to make fun shaped cookies (though I am sure you could also roll it into a tube shape and then slice disks if you don't have that).  Put sprinkles on them at this point (I didn't have any this year, but they still taste just fine!)  Bake at 350F for 10-12 minutes. 

Comments

  1. How nice to connect traditions from both of your grandmothers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment