Carrot Pineapple Muffins in a Cake


I made some carrot pineapple muffins successfully here at high elevation, so I decided to try the same recipe out in cake form to see how it turned out since I had leftover pineapple. 

Here are the ingredients I used:

1 c. flour
3/4 c. whole wheat flour
1/2 c. sugar
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 c. pineapple, chopped very small
1/2 c. coconut oil
1 egg
1 1/2 tsp. vanilla
2 c. carrots, shredded
1/2 c. raisins
3 ripe bananas, mashed


Mix all of the dry ingredients together in one bowl.  Then, stir in the pineapple, oil, egg, vanilla, and bananas.  Finally, stir in the carrots and raisins.  Bake in a greased cake pan for about 30 minutes (or until a toothpick comes out clean) at 375F.


I have to confess that, although it was good, I liked the muffin form better.  Maybe it was more moist in small cups?  I don't know.  But still, it was a nice, relatively healthy dessert.  (And also very pretty baked in that silicone cake pan!)

Comments