Banana Passionfruit

Since I like to try new foods, when I saw this strange fruit at the market, I wanted to taste it.  In bartering for the vegetables I was buying, I got the vendor to throw one of these in so we were both satisfied by how much I was paying.  Of course, I didn't know what it was, so I had to ask someone when I got back to the Bible College.


I was told that it is something like a passionfruit, and remembered having heard of banana passionfruit before, so I looked up pictures online and indeed, that is what it is.

For scale, here it is next to some bananas (it doesn't look that much like a banana to me):


When I cut it open, I saw that yes, it is indeed a passionfruit.  I think it's actually better than the other ones I've tasted because the whole thing is filled with seeds and pulp and it only has a very thin rind, not a big hard one like the round passionfruit I got in Uganda.  Less to discard and more of the fruit!  (also, just as much flavor)


I enjoyed having it as a special treat mixed with yogurt and an apple!


Comments

  1. Mm, that looks interesting! And you got an apple too?!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment