Father-in-Law Danish


Sometimes my father-in-law gets cravings for certain foods and just won't stop talking about them until he finally is able to eat it.  Well, a danish was the most recent food.  I thought that since I have never made danishes before, I should try it and make him happy at the same time.


I used this recipe.  But I substituted fresh raspberries for the blueberries since raspberries were the requested fruit.  It turned out wonderfully - way better than a store-bought danish!

However, after making it, I personally thought that using a whole 8oz package of cream cheese for the filling was too much because it was really hard to squeeze all of it into the middle of the dough and it was a kind of overwhelming amount.  I think that when I do it again with the other half of the dough, I will use half as much filling.


Comments