Rice and Beans

One of my favorite simple meals is rice and beans, a dish introduced to me by Derek when I was working on a farm in Massachusetts.  It's pretty versatile because you can use any kind of beans and any kind of vegetables.  Basically, the way we make it these days is to stir fry whatever variety of vegetables we have on hand, mix in cooked beans, and then either serve it on top of rice or mix the rice in.  Leftovers are also easy to make into fried rice - all you add is soy sauce and eggs.

I was very pleased with this meal because everything except the rice, onions, and oil came from my garden.


Here is a list of the ingredients:
rice (I cooked 1.5 cups)
a mixture of lablab and lima beans (it came out to about 2 cups, cooked)
onions
winged beans
moringa leaves and flowers
collard greens
okra
eggplant
cilantro

Season with garlic powder, chili powder, salt, ginger.

Comments