Garlic Cheese Naan and Special Cheese


How could I resist buying a tin of cheese that looks like that?  Seriously.  But also I thought it was worth trying out since it isn't very normal to find any kind of cheese in Soroti, even though canned cheese is a little scary.  It turned out that it wasn't so bad.  Surprisingly, after I got chunks out of the tin, I was able to grate them and once it went into the naan, it tasted and was a texture pretty similar to mozzarella. 


The can even had instructions for how to use this cheese for cheesy parathas, though I ended up just using it for cheesy naan.


Although this recipe required planning ahead since the dough needs to rise (like many breads), it was definitely worth it and I made it again a couple weeks later.  You can find the recipe here.




Comments

  1. yum! Make that for me when you are here! Sorry I won't be able to find any cheese in a can...but we can improvise:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment