Breakfast Picnic


This is just a simple post that only slightly involves food.  When my friend came to visit, we took a couple of morning "hikes" up a little hill near our home.  There's a rock that you can climb up and see over all of Soroti and we had a breakfast picnic there.  It was a beautiful place to watch the sun rise.


I got to use my thermos to bring along some milk tea (I had to buy this in order to get the Newcastle vaccine for my chickens - it has to be kept cold and the vet wouldn't sell it to me unless I had one of these to put ice and the little vaccine bottle into).  Also, we had bananas harvested from my garden!


When you harvest bananas, you chop the whole bunch off the tree, then chop the tree down because it only produces one bunch in its life.  Little banana trees (suckers) come up around the old one, so those are the ones that make the future banana bunches.




Comments